Project Gutenberg offers over 54,000 free eBooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. You will find the world's great literature here, especially older works for which copyright has expired. We digitized and diligently proofread them with the help of thousands of volunteers.
No fee or registration is required, but if you find Project Gutenberg useful, we kindly ask you to donate a small amount so we can digitize more books, maintain our online presence, and improve Project Gutenberg programs and offerings. Other ways to help include digitizing more books, recording audio books, or reporting errors.
- Outlines of Greek and Roman Medicine Elliott, James Sands
- Gilbertus Anglicus Medicine of the Thirteenth Century Handerson, Henry Ebenezer
- Old-Time Makers of Medicine The Story of The Students And Teachers of the Sciences Related to Medicine During the Middle Ages Walsh, James Joseph, 1865-1942
- The Evolution of Modern Medicine A Series of Lectures Delivered at Yale University on the Silliman Foundation in April, 1913 Osler, William, 1849-1919
- The Harvard Classics Volume 38 Scientific Papers (Physiology, Medicine, Surgery, Geology Various authors
- Spadacrene Anglica The English Spa Fountain Deane, Edmund
- An Essay on the Shaking Palsy James Parkinson -- the original description of the neurological disorder now named "Parkinsonism"
Instructional for Doctors
(Warning: Medical procedures and remedies described in these books may be outdated, dangerous, or illegal)
- A Manual of the Operations of Surgery For the Use of Senior Students, House Surgeons, and Junior Practitioners Bell, Joseph, 1837-1911
- Bronchoscopy and Esophagoscopy A Manual of Peroral Endoscopy and Laryngeal Surgery Jackson, Chevalier, 1865-1958
- On the Antiseptic Principle of the Practice of Surgery Lister, Joseph, Baron, 1827-1912
- Manual of Surgery Volume First: General Surgery. Sixth Edition. Miles, Alexander and Thomson, Alexis
- Surgical Anatomy Maclise, Joseph
- Appendicitis Tilden, John Henry, 1851-1940
- Making Good on Private Duty: Practical Hints to Graduate Nurses Lounsbery, Harriet Camp
- Notes on Nursing What It Is, and What It Is Not by Florence Nightingale.
- Humanistic Nursing Paterson, Josephine G., and Zderad, Loretta T.
- Applied Psychology for Nurses Porter, Mary F.
Patent Medicines, quack remedies
- Manhood Perfectly Restored Prof. Jean Civiale's Soluble Urethral Crayons as a Quick, Painless, and Certain Cure for Impotence, Etc. Civiale Remedial Agency
- Cluthe's Advice to the Ruptured Cluthe Rupture Institute
- Old English Patent Medicines in America Griffenhagen, George B., and Young, James Harvey
- Food and Health Lydia E. Pinkham Medicine Company (A cook book, filled with testimonials to the power of Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound)
- A Short View of the Frauds and Abuses Committed by Apothecaries As well in Relation to Patients, as Physicians: And Of the only Remedy thereof by Physicians making their own Medicines. Merrett, Christopher
- History of the Comstock Patent Medicine Business and Dr. Morse's Indian Root Pills Shaw, Robert B.
- Treatise on the Diseases of Women Pinkham, Lydia Estes
- A Treatise on Adulterations of Food, and Culinary Poisons Exhibiting the Fraudulent Sophistications of Bread, Beer, Wine, Spiritous Liquors, Tea, Coffee, Cream, Confectionery, Vinegar, Mustard, Pepper, Cheese, Olive Oil, Pickles, and Other Articles Employed in Domestic Economy Accum, Friedrich Christian, 1769-1838
- Hygeia, a City of Health Richardson, Benjamin Ward, 1828-1896
- Draining for Profit, and Draining for Health Waring, George E. (George Edwin), 1833-1898
- Civics and Health Allen, William H.
- Venereal Diseases in New Zealand (1922) Report of the Special Committee of the Board of Health appointed by the Hon. Minister of Health
- Mental Defectives and Sexual Offenders Report of the Committee of Inquiry Appointed by the Hon. Sir Maui Pomare, K.B.E., C.M.G., Minister of Health New Zealand Committee of Inquiry into Mental Defectives and Sexual Offenders.
(Warning: Medical advice and remedies described in these books may be outdated, dangerous, or illegal)
- Mother's Remedies; Over One Thousand Tried and Tested Remidies from Mothers of the United States and Canada Ritter, Thomas Jefferson, 1855-
- The People's Common Sense Medical Adviser in Plain English or, Medicine Simplified, 54th ed., One Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pierce, Ray Vaughn, 1840-1914
- Valere Aude Dare to Be Healthy, Or, The Light of Physical Regeneration Dechmann, Louis
- The Healthy Life, Vol. V, Nos. 24-28 The Independent Health Magazine Various, Daniel, Charles William [Editor]
- How and When to Be Your Own Doctor Moser, Isabel and Solomon, Steve
- Searchlights on Health: Light on Dark Corners; A Complete Sexual Science and a Guide to Purity and Physical Manhood, Advice To Maiden, Wife, And Mother, Love, Courtship, And Marriage Jefferis, B.G. and Nichols, J. L.
- Searchlights on Health; The Science of Eugenics Jefferis, B. G. and Nichols, J. L.
- Sex; Avoided subjects Discussed in Plain English Stanton, Henry
- The Eugenic Marriage by Hague, W. Grant (William Grant), 1868-. Vol. 1 , Vol. 2 , Vol. 4
- The Biology, Physiology and Sociology of Reproduction; Also Sexual Hygiene with Special Reference to the Male Hall, Winfield Scott, 1861-
- Histology of the Blood Normal and Pathological (English) Ehrlich, Paul, and Lazarus, Adolf
- Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine Gould, George M., 1848-1922, and Pyle, Walter Lytle, 1871-
- Doctor and Patient Mitchell, S. Weir, 1829-1914
- Fat and Blood: An Essay on the Treatment of Certain Forms of Neurasthenia and Hysteria Mitchell, S. Weir, 1829-1914
- Observations on the Causes, Symptoms, and Nature of Scrofula or King's Evil, Scurvy, and Cancer With Cases Illustrative of a Peculiar Mode of Treatment Kent, John
- Report on Surgery to the Santa Clara County Medical Society Cox, Joseph Bradford
- Glaucoma; A Symposium Presented at a Meeting of the Chicago Ophthalmological Society, November 17, 1913 ed. Nance, Willis O. and Peck, Wesley Hamilton
- Aids to Forensic Medicine and Toxicology Robertson, W. G. Aitchison (William George Aitchison )
- An Account of the Foxglove and some of its Medical Uses With Practical Remarks on Dropsy and Other Diseases Withering, William, 1741-1799